Briraj Singh a Rhodes Scholar from Oxford, a Fulbright fellowship while studying at Yale, has 40 years of teaching experience across two countries India and US. He has penned several books that prove invaluable to teachers, parents, students of Education.
Gurgaon, Haryana, July 21, 2016 — Briraj Singh a Rhodes Scholar from Oxford, a Fulbright fellowship while studying at Yale, has 40 years of teaching experience across two countries India and US. He has penned several books that prove invaluable to teachers, parents, students of Education.
The book describes with charm and fluidity, not only how teaching students in different situations and cultural contexts helped Dr Brijraj shape different methodologies but also how it helped him develop a vision of life and a set of values by which to live, and how they, in turn, fed into his teaching. It has many features which will make it of value to:
– students and teachers of English in Indian colleges and universities
– their counterparts in the community colleges of the United States
– all interested in the educational history of India
– all interested in the nature, purpose, education and success or otherwise of community colleges in the United States
– all interested in making higher education accessible to less privileged communities, whether in India or the U.S.
– professional educators interested in issues of pedagogy, discipline, assessment, and other related concerns.
Brijraj Singh was educated at St. John’s College, Agra, Lincoln College, Oxford, where he was a Rhodes Scholar, and Yale University, where he went for a Ph.D. on a Fulbright fellowship. He is a much loved and respected teacher with a huge fan following. He taught in his alma mater in Agra, St. Stephen’s College, Delhi, where he was the Dean, North-Eastern Hill University, and Hostos Community College of the City University of New York. He is the author of four books and nearly fifty scholarly essays, articles and reviews. He has presented papers at numerous conferences, and is a past president of the East-Central American Society for Eighteenth Century Studies.
For more on the book view the given link: http://www.zorbabooks.com/store/educational/professing-english-on-two-continenets/
Professing English is available on all online stores in India as a print book and can be downloaded the world over as an ebook from Amazon.com. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
E 105, GF, Sushant Arcade
Sushant Lok 1
Gurgaon, Haryana 122002