Cheese is an important component of the Saudi Arabian diet. Whether used as a breakfast item in the form of spreads or bread fillings, or in cooking as well as a salad item, Saudi Arabian women use the product extensively. For this reason, a large variety of cheese is found in the country. It is particularly a highly consumed product during Ramadan due to a particular delicacy in Ramadan called € cheese samosa € which is basically pastry leaves filled in with cheese. The growing demand for cheese has spurred intense competition among the leading cheese players to reduce prices and offer a variety of new promotional packs. A number of companies have resorted to slashing prices in stores for their products. Puck and Kraft are two brands which have been heavily engaged in price wars with discount offers of up to 35% on their glass jar cheese. For this reason, cheese witnessed a sharp drop in retail value growth which slipped to 7% in 2016 from an 11% CAGR in relation to the review period as a whole. Strong consumption, however, has kept retail volume growth steady with 2016 witnessing only a slight drop to 5% compared to a 6% CAGR for the entire review period.
Cheese in Saudi Arabia report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2011-2015, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2020 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Processed Cheese, Unprocessed Cheese.
Data coverage: Market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Cheese market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the markets major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Table of Contents
1. Sales of Cheese by Category: Volume
2. Sales of Cheese by Category: Value
3. NBO Company Shares of Cheese: % Value
4. LBN Brand Shares of Cheese: % Value
5. Distribution of Cheese by Format: % Value
6. Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: Volume
7. Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: Value
8. Food Service Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume
9. Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume
10. Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value
For More Related Reports: Food & Beverages Market