The Confectionery market in the UAE is characterized by demand for premium products that is driven by high per capita income of the population. The Confectionery market is one of the fastest growing in the region with the Chocolate category accounting for majority consumption. However, the Sugar Confectionery is forecast to be the fastest growing category followed by the Gum. Majority of the Confectionery products are imported from outside as consumers prefer global brands. The UAE consumers prefer products with new and unique flavours that offer them novel sensory experience. Opportunities exist for more specialized Confectionery products that caters to personalized needs of the consumers.
• The Confectionery market in the UAE will register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015.
• The Chocolate category has the highest volume share in the overall Confectionery market.
• Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the UAE Confectionery market.
• Galaxy is the leading Chocolate brand in the UAE, both in value and volume terms.
• Sleeve is the most commonly used outer type in the UAE Confectionery market.
• Premiumization & Indulgence and Well-being are among the top trends identified in the market.
• In future demand for specialized Confectionery products will increase in the UAE.
Consumer and Market Insights report on the Confectionery market in the UAE provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
• Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
• Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Chocolate, Gum and Sugar Confectionery with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
• Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
• Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
• Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Bag/Sachet, Film, Box, Wrapper and others
• Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Confectionery products consumption
• Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy
• Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
• Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
• Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
• Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Confectionery products consumption, and how they influence consumer behaviour in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
• Access to analysis on products launched in the market
• Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Table of Contents
2. Country Context
3. Market Overview, Consumer Demographics and Pricing Analysis
4. Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
5. Competitive Landscape
6. Health and Wellness Analysis
8. Consumer Trend Analysis
9. Examples of New Product Development
For More Related Reports: Confectionery Market Reports on Saudi Arabia