Sales of dermatological remained consistently strong in Saudi Arabia during 2016 due to buoyant consumer demand for topical germicidal/antiseptics, a category which posted current value growth of 11% during the year. This is generally due to the increases seen in air pollution and airborne bacterial infections, brought about by unrest in neighboring countries to the north, northeast and south of the Kingdom. In addition, medicated shampoos generated substantial current value growth of 25% in 2016, which was mainly due to the ongoing lack of moisture for the hair and scalp due to record high temperatures and the arid, harsh climate which prevails in Saudi Arabia, in addition to religious and cultural requirements for head coverings. In Saudi Arabia, it is mandatory by law for women to be completely veiled when outside of the home, while men are required to wear a head covering as part of the national dress known in Arabic as a Shumagh or Ghutra. The absence of adequate oxygen levels and vitamin D from the sun to the hair and scalp are also contributing factors felling demand for medicated shampoos.
Dermatological in Saudi Arabia report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2011-2015, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2020 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Antiparticle/Lice (Head and Body) Treatments, Antiparticles, Cold Sore Treatments, Hemorrhoid Treatments, Hair Loss Treatments, Medicated Shampoos, Nappy (Diaper) Rash Treatments, Patrice Dermatological, Topical Allergy Remedies/Antihistamines, Topical Antifungals, Topical Germicidal/Antiseptics, Vaginal Antifungals.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Dermatological market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Table of Contents
1. Sales of Dermatological by Category: Value
2. Sales of Dermatological by Category: % Value Growth
3. NBO Company Shares of Dermatological: % Value
4. LBN Brand Shares of Dermatological: % Value
5. Forecast Sales of Dermatological by Category: Value
6. Forecast Sales of Dermatological by Category: % Value Growth
7. Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value
8. Life Expectancy at Birth
9. Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value
10. Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value
For More Related Reports: Consumer Goods Market Reports on Saudi Arabia