When operators terminate wires to connectors, many things can go wrong. Dynalab’s NX Wire Harness Testers provide quality controls that eliminate many of the problems associated with connector pinning.
Reynoldsburg, OH, United States, August 26, 2016 — Dynalab Test Systems has developed a solution for LED guided connector pinning. This provides improved quality for wire harness manufacturers who employ a “push-click-pull” method of wire insertion. The “push-click-pull” method requires the operator to select a wire from a parts bin and push the wire into the proper connector cavity until it clicks into place. Then the operator is expected to pull or tug on the wire to ensure that the terminal is properly seated. A lot can go wrong:
– The operator may select the wire from the wrong parts bin resulting in the wrong color or gauge wire being assembled to the connector.
– The operator may terminate the wire in the wrong connector cavity resulting in an improperly wired assembly.
– The operator may neglect to pull on the wire to verify that it is properly seated resulting in intermittent connectivity.
To overcome these potential quality problems, Dynalab Test Systems offers NX Wire Harness Testers that support a guided assembly method for pinning connectors using LED illumination:
– The NX Wire Harness Tester illuminates an LED mounted on the parts bin so that the operator can clearly identify and select the proper wire.
– The NX Wire Harness Tester illuminates the target cavity so that the operator can clearly identify where the wire should be terminated.
– The NX Wire Harness Tester verifies that the terminal is properly seated by monitoring a fixture block detection switch that is activated when the operator pulls on the wire with sufficient force.
– The NX Wire Harness Tester performs testing to verify electrical continuity of the connection.
Dynalab Test Systems continues to strive for quality-improving technologies for the wire harness manufacturing industry. For more information about the LED Guided Connector Pinning Solution, or about other wire harness testing solutions, visit their website at www.dynalabtesters.com or contact Dynalab Test Systems directly via email: email@example.com or by phone: +614-729-6550.
Dynalab Test Systems, Inc
555 Lancaster Ave
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068