The antibacterial drug market covers the drugs used in the prophylaxis and treatment of bacterial infections. With a growing global concern over antimicrobial resistance and its progressive growth, there is a pronounced need for innovation within this market. This report considers the key developments in this market, with particular focus on drugs indicated for use in pneumonia, methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), sepsis and tuberculosis.
Browse Full Report Visit – http://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/antibacterial-drugs-market-report
Drugs for the prevention of bacterial infections are typically vaccines, which help to train the body’s immune system to fight off specific infections, and can therefore help to prevent infections of certain bacterial strains. However, several prophylactic monoclonal antibodies are also currently in development.
Drugs for the treatment of bacterial infections are slightly more varied. Most common are beta-lactam antibiotics, which include the very widely prescribed penicillin. However, bacteria have developed resistance to penicillin by producing beta-lactamase enzymes that break open the beta-lactam ring found in these antibiotics, rendering them ineffective. As a result modern beta-lactams are frequently combination drugs of a beta-lactam and a beta-lactamase inhibitor.
In addition to beta-lactams there are several other classes of drugs used to treat bacterial infections. These include fluoroquinolones, which inhibit DNA gyrase and/or topoisomerase IV; and protein synthesis inhibitors, which have applications within the treatment of bacteria that are resistant to beta-lactam antibiotics. However, bacterial resistance has also developed against these drugs, and as such there is a gap in the market for a new generation of drugs that are effective against drug-resistant bacteria.
The antibacterial market is currently dominated by vaccines, in particular those for the prevention of pneumococcal infections, diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis. However, recent years have seen key additions in the form of therapies for antibiotic-resistant bacteria, including strains with multi-drug resistance. The number of such products is expected to increase drastically between 2016 and 2022.
Antibiotic resistance has caused a surge in the development of antibiotics:
– How big is the antibiotic pipeline?
– How are companies attempting to overcome antibiotic resistance?
The antibacterial drug market is forecast to rise from around $27.1 billion in 2015 to $35.6 billion in 2022:
– How much will the approval of new products and the patent expiries of existing ones contribute to this market growth?
– Will vaccines continue to drive market revenue?
The pipeline contains a range of molecular targets:
– Which molecular targets are most popular in the current pipeline?
– How many late-stage products are active against drug-resistant bacteria?
– What are the commercial prospects for the most promising late-stage pipeline products?
Big Pharma maintains a strong presence within the antibacterial drug market:
– Which of the leading companies are expected to have the highest share of the market by 2022?
– Which of the leading pharmaceutical companies are expected to bring new products to market during the forecast period?
– Which companies rely heavily of revenues derived from antibacterial drugs?
Browse All Reports of This Category – http://www.acutemarketreports.com/category/pharmaceutical-market
Reasons to buy
– Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape through a comprehensive analysis of innovation in the antibacterial drug market in the context of the overall pipeline and current market landscape. It also includes analysis of the deals landscape, including both licensing deals and co-development deals. Key indications covered in detail include pneumonia, MRSA, sepsis and tuberculosis.
– Understand the current treatment landscape, with portfolios of key marketed products and a focus on historical and forecast sales patterns, and an overview of each drug’s mechanism of action.
– Analyze the antibacterial pipeline through a comprehensive review of the pipeline, segmented by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target. This review also provides a detailed look at antibacterial drug clinical trials, to provide an insight into the risk associated with attempting to bring pipeline antibacterial drugs to market.
– Predict growth in market size, with in-depth market forecasting from 2015 to 2022. The forecast will provide an understanding of how epidemiology trends, new drug entries and new drug patent expirations will influence market value.
– Identify the key pipeline products, with a particular focus on those due to be brought to market in the near future, as well as sales forecasts for these products.
– Identify the leading companies in the market, in terms of market share and growth. Company analysis determines how dependent the key companies in the market are on revenue derived from antibacterial products. In addition, analysis determines the primary factors that will drive market growth for the key companies in the market.
– Assess the licensing and co-development deal landscape for antibacterial therapies.”
1 Table of Contents 4
1.1 List of Tables 6
1.2 List of Figures 7
2 Introduction 10
2.1 Disease Cluster Introduction 10
2.2 Symptoms 11
2.2.1 Pneumonia 11
2.2.2 MRSA 11
2.2.3 Sepsis 11
2.2.4 Tuberculosis 11
2.3 Diagnosis 12
2.3.1 Pneumonia 12
2.3.2 MRSA 12
2.3.3 Sepsis 12
2.3.4 Tuberculosis 12
2.4 Etiology and Pathophysiology 13
2.4.1 Pneumonia 13
2.4.2 MRSA 14
2.4.3 Sepsis 15
2.4.4 Tuberculosis 15
2.5 Epidemiology 16
2.5.1 Pneumonia 16
2.5.2 MRSA 17
2.5.3 Sepsis 17
2.5.4 Tuberculosis 18
2.6 Comorbidities and Complications 18
2.6.1 Pneumonia 19
2.6.2 MRSA 19
2.6.3 Sepsis 19
2.6.4 Tuberculosis 19
2.7 Prognosis 19
2.7.1 Pneumonia 19
2.7.2 MRSA 20
2.7.3 Sepsis 20
2.7.4 Tuberculosis 20
2.8 Treatment 20
2.8.1 Beta-lactams 21
2.8.2 Protein Synthesis inhibitors 22
2.8.3 Vaccines 23
2.8.4 Other Classes of Antibacterial Therapy 23
To Get Complete Report @ http://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/antibacterial-drugs-market-report
3 Key Marketed Products 24
3.1 Overview 24
3.2 Cubicin (daptomycin) – Merck & Co 25
3.3 Augmentin – GlaxoSmithKline 27
3.4 Prevnar 13 – Pfizer 29
3.5 Infanrix – GlaxoSmithKline 30
3.6 Boostrix – GlaxoSmithKline 32
3.7 Zerbaxa – Merck and Co 33
3.8 Bexsero – GlaxoSmithKline 35
3.9 Zyvox – Pfizer 36
3.10 Conclusion 38
4 Pipeline Landscape Assessment 39
4.1 Overview 39
4.2 Pipeline Development Landscape 39
4.3 Mechanisms of Action in Pipeline 42
4.4 Clinical Trial Landscape 45
4.4.1 Failure Rate by Stage of Development, Indication and Molecule Type 46
4.4.2 Clinical Trial Duration by Stage of Development, Indication, and Molecule Type 50
4.4.3 Clinical Trial Size by Stage of Development, Indication and Molecule Type 53
4.4.4 Aggregate Clinical Program Size by Stage of Development, Indication and Molecule Type 57
4.5 Conclusion 61
4.6 Assessment of Key Pipeline Products 61
4.6.1 Solithera – Cempra 61
4.6.2 Arikace – Insmed 62
4.6.3 Cadazolid – Actelion 63
4.6.4 Plazomicin (plazomicin sulfate) – Achaogen 64
4.6.5 V114 – Merck & Co. 65
Latest Reports :
Global Vitrified Clay Pipes Market Report 2017
About – Acute Market Reports :
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. It is your only source that can fulfill all your market research requirements.We provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade our collection regularly to offer you direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends.
Our team consists of highly motivated market research professionals and they are accountable for creating the groundbreaking technology that we utilize in our search engine operations to easily recognize the most current market research reports online.
Contact Us :
ACUTE MARKET REPORTS
Office No 101, 1st Floor ,
Aditi Mall, Baner,
Pune, MH, 411045
Toll Free(US/CANADA): +1-855-455-8662
India: +91 7755981103
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.acutemarketreports.com