The Saudisation drive that started in early 2013 severely impacted grocery retailers. The government, in order to increase the employment of local Saudis, introduced the Nitaqat system, whereby companies needed to employ a certain quota of Saudis. Failing this, they were subject to penalties. Since most of the labour in independent small grocers consisted of expatriate workers, because of their low cost, many businesses started to suffer, and some went out of business, thus negatively impacting…
Grocery Retailers in Saudi Arabia report offers insight into key trends and developments driving the industry. The report examines all retail channels to provide sector insight. Channels include hypermarkets, supermarkets, discounters, convenience stores, mixed retailers, health and beauty retailers, clothing and footwear retailers, furniture and furnishing stores, DIY and hardware stores, durable goods retailers, leisure and personal goods retailers. There are profiles of leading retailers, with analysis of their performance and the challenges they face.
Product coverage: Modern Grocery Retailers, Traditional Grocery Retailers.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Grocery Retailers market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Table of Content
1. Abdullah Al Othaim Markets Co: Share of Sales Generated by Internet Retailing 2013-2015
2. Abdullah Al-Othaim Markets Co: Private Label Portfolio
3. Abdullah Al-Othaim Markets Co: Competitive Position 2015
4. Al-Azizia Panda United Inc: Share of Sales Generated by Internet Retailing 2013-2015
5. Al-Azizia Panda United Inc: Private Label Portfolio
6. Al-Azizia Panda United Inc: Competitive Position 2015
7. Fawaz Abdulaziz Al Hokair & Co: Share of Sales Generated by Internet Retailing 2013-2015
8. Fawaz Abdulaziz Al Hokair & Co: Competitive Position 2015
9. Standard Opening Hours by Channel Type 2015
10. Research Sources
For More Related Reports: Grocery Market Reports in Saudi Arabia