Hydroponics Market by Crops (Tomato, Lettuce, Cucumber, Pepper, & Others): A Global Insight Through 2015 to 2020 with Special focus on the U.S. & India Market” identifies a substantial growth opportunity in the global hydroponic market. The analyst of the report estimates a new market of over $8.5 billion over next five year.
The report presents a comprehensive outlook of the global hydroponics market, mapped across the key crop types and geographies.
The penetration of hydroponics in farming techniques is being largely driven by the magnanimous difference in the yield quantity, when compared with soil-based farming methods. Moreover, after legalization of medicinal companies are jumping in to commercially produce the plant hydroponically, in the U.S. and other states of America. However, the paucity of awareness and absence of dedicated education of soil-less farming practices among the farming sector is one of the major pain points for the hydroponic market.
Key takeaways from the report:
– The hydroponics yield on an average is approximately 10 times more than obtained through soil based farming for the same area of land
– The key cops prevalent in the global scenario have been identified as Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Peppers, Lettuce, and others (Strawberries, melons)
– The total land area under the cultivation of these crops, when grown hydroponically is expected to grow over 44,219 hectares by the end of the forecast period.
– Tomatoes will continue with its trend of market hegemony, maintaining a 50% market value share of value throughout the forecast period.
– The legalization of marijuana and the increasing adoption of hydroponics to grow it at home and commercial level will be one of the major drivers
– Cost in the form of initial investment will continue to be one of the biggest challenges facing the new entrants in the market
– Most of the American and European countries produce a large chunk of fruits and vegetables hydroponically
– The geographical analysis for precision farming market has identified Europe to be dominating the market in 2014, but the growth rate will remain modest at an average 2.3 % per year over the forecast period
– North America will be the fastest growing region for hydroponics, growing at a CAGR of 9.10% through the forecast years. U.S. will lead the North American Hydroponics market
– Where tomatoes are the dominant crop type globally, India generates almost 40% of its crop value through lettuce and other green/leafy vegetables, when grown hydroponically
– Key market players in the global hydroponics landscape are Village Farms International, Thanet Earth, Pegasus Agritech, Terra Tech, Grow Life, and American Hydroponics among others
The report identifies the key market drivers and challenges after interviewing the key market players, end users and consulting key opinion leaders from both demand and supply side. The report identifies the factors which can propel the market demand for hydroponics. Further, it has been targeted at providing quantitative insights into the hydroponics market based on the key geographies and crop types.
The report delves deeper into the quantitative aspect of the hydroponics market. The overall market figures have been estimated on the basis of key geographies (viz. the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and MEA), and key crop types (viz. Tomato, Cucumber, Pepper, Lettuce and others). The report provides market figures in terms of crop value and the land under hydroponics cultivation, mapped across the key geographies and crop type both.
The research study has modeled the analysis for emerging new market with India as a subject and therefore, has a dedicated segment for opportunity evaluation for Indian hydroponics market. The chapter entails a comprehensive SWOT analysis for hydroponics in India, to provide detailed insights regarding the present industry situation in the country. The result of a thorough market analysis and the perception of hydroponics in the country, both from the supplier and buyer’s point of view has led to the compilation of the Indian Hydroponic Market Opportunity Evaluation.
Key questions answered in the report:
– What are the driving factors for the global Hydroponics market through 2015 to 2020?
– Which factors need to be addressed for wide scale adoption of hydroponics through the forecast years?
– Why should new entrants invest in Hydroponics irrespective of the high upfront cost when compared to conventional farming practices?
– Which crop type will hold dominant share in the global hydroponics market value by 2020?
– Which region will be exhibiting the fastest growth through 2015 to 2020?
– How will the Indian Hydroponics market evolve through 2015 to 2020?
The report has identified three key geographical regions served by the industry including Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. These regions are further segmented listing the major countries in each region. The report identifies U.S. to be the largest market for the industry accounting for over 33% of the net market revenue (as of 2014) followed by Germany and Canada. The geographical analysis section also mentions the key market players driving the industry in the respective markets.
The report also includes the Competitive Landscape, benchmarking the key market participants on the basis of their involvement in the industry over the past 3 years. The study has also incorporated the detailed profiles of 18 top market players across the value chain of the industry, including component manufacturers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), precision irrigation equipments providers and software and data management companies.
Some of the key private players in the industry include AgLeader, Ag Integrated, AgNav, AgSense, AgSync, Ally Precision Industries, Amazone GmbH, Arvus, Bestway Inc., CropMetrics, Dickey-john Corp., Micro Trak Systems, TeeJet technologies, Tru Count and ZedX Inc. among others.
The key public players in the industry include AGCO, AgJunction, John Deere & Company, Lindsay Corp., Monsanto, Syngenta, Toro Company, Trimble Navigation, Valmont, and Yara International among others.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Description
3. Introduction To Hydroponics
4. Global Hydroponics Market Snapshot
5. Hydroponics Industry Analysis
6. Hydroponics Market Dynamics
7. Analysis Of Key Crops In The Global Hydroponics Market
8. Geographical Analysis For Global Hydroponics Market
9. Indian Hydroponics Market Statistics And Dynamics
10. Analysing The Indian Hydroponics Market
11. Hydroponics Competitive Landscape
12. Key Hydroponic Producers Profile
13. Hydroponics: The Way Forward (Conclusion )
For More Related Reports: Food Market Research Reports
About Bharat Book Bureau:
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information provider for market research reports, company profiles, industry analysis, country reports, business reports, newsletters and online databases Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. We cover sectors starting from Aeronautics to Zoology.
In case the reports don’t match your requirement then we can do a specialized Custom Research for you. Our multifarious capabilities, cross-sector expertise and detailed knowledge of various markets, put us in a unique position to take up Custom Research demands of yourself.
Contact us at:
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BharatBook3B
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/researchbook
Follow us on Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bharat-book-bureau
Our Blog: https://www.bharatbook.com/blog/