NORTHVALE, NEW JERSEY – New Yorker Electronics is now offering the Vishay 600V E Series power MOSFETs in the compact PowerPAK® 8×8 package. The construction of the PowerPAK® allows one of the source pins to be arranged as a dedicated Kelvin source connection that separates the gate drive return path from the main current-carrying source terminals. This prevents the L x di / dt voltage drop in the high-current path from reducing the gate drive voltage that is applied to the E Series MOSFETs. This leads to faster switching and more noise immunity in power supply designs for telecom, server, computing, lighting, and industrial applications.
The new Vishay Siliconix SiHH26N60E, SiHH21N60E, SiHH14N60E and SiHH11N60E, all 2016 Super 12 featured products, offer large drain terminals for low thermal resistance and Kelvin source connections that can increase efficiency by improving gate drive signals. This new low-profile, surface-mount power package provides a space-saving alternative to conventional TO-220 and TO-263 solutions – plus it is RoHS compliant, halogen free and 100% lead (Pb)-free.
They feature low on-resistance down to 0.135Ω at 10V, ultra-low gate charge down to 31nC and low gate charge times on-resistance, a key figure of merit (FOM) for MOSFETs used in power conversion applications. These values translate into extremely low conduction and switching losses to save energy.
• Based on E Series ‘superjunction’ technology for hard-switched topologies
• PowerPAK® 8 x 8 footprint is 57% smaller and profile is 1/5 the height of the TO-263 (D2PAK) package
• All feature large drain terminal for low thermal resistance
• 600V, 26A maximum, RDS(on) max of 135mΩ
• Kelvin source connection for reduced gate ground loop resulting in increased performance
• Meets the 1.5mm minimum creepage and clearance specifications for 600V and 650V devices
• Withstands high energy pulses in the avalanche and commutation modes with guaranteed limits through 100% UIS testing
• Power Factor Corrections
• Flyback Converters
• HID and Fluorescent Ballast Lighting
• Consumer and Computing Power Adaptors
• Motor Drives
• Solar PV Inverters
• Induction Heating
• Welding Equipment
New Yorker Electronics is Vishay and Vishay Precision Group franchise distributor and maintains the full line of 2016 Vishay Super 12 Featured Products.