This quarter we maintain our negative near-term view on the Saudi Arabian Autos Sector. We continue to target a 26.2% fall in sales over 2016, although certain luxury brands may outperform.
• The commercial vehicle segment will under perform over the coming two years, as heavy vehicle demand is dampened by government cutbacks in infrastructure spending.
• We continue to believe that the planned introduction of VAT in 2018 may prompt consumers to buy greater numbers of new passenger cars in 2017 before the tax is implemented.
• Chinese brands Changan and Chery were launched in the country in May 2016, underlining our view that there remain opportunities in the lower priced car segment, despite the current market slowdown.
Table of Contents
1. Autos Total Market – Historical Data and Forecasts
2. Passenger Car Market – Historical Data and Forecasts
3. Saudi Arabia – Top 10 Best – Selling Manufacturers
4. Commercial Vehicle Market – Historical Data and Forecasts
5. Mena Autos Production Investment
6. Population Headline Indicators
7. Key Population Ratios
8. Urban/Rural Population & Life Expectancy
9. Population by Age Group
10. Automotive Risk/Reward Index Indicators and Weighting of Indicators
For More Related Reports: Autos Market Research Reports on Saudi Arabia